The draft Care and Support Bill has been published. It creates a single law for adult care and support, replacing more than a dozen different pieces of legislation. It provides the legal framework for putting into action some of the main principles of the White Paper, ‘Caring for our future: reforming care and support’, and also includes some health measures.
You can find out more about the changes to the care and support system, the White Paper and the draft Care and Support Bill on the Caring for our future website.
You can also download:
- the draft Care and Support Bill
- Easy Read version of the Draft Care and Support Bill (PDF, 1878K)
- Impact Assessment Health Education England (IA 8040) (PDF, 223K)
- Impact Assessment Health Research Authority (IA 9517) (PDF, 213K)
- Equality Analysis – Establishing the Health Research Authority as a Non-Departmental Public Body
- Equality Analysis – Establishing Health Education England as a Non-Departmental Public Body
- Reforming the law for adult care and support:the Government’s response to Law Commission report 326 on adult social care (PDF, 821K)
The following 8 factsheets explain some of the key topics covered by the draft Care and Support Bill.