Using feedback from a number of experienced NHS leaders, Chris Roebuck reviews past NHS leadership development and identifies leadership development options from the commercial sector that would benefit the NHS.
The report includes:
- evidence of the benefits of good leadership for organisations
- leadership capability required for good organisational performance
- high-quality leadership: non-NHS examples
- frequent problems in leadership development
- examples of effective transfer from the commercial sector into the NHS
- NHS progress in developing leadership