A mandate between the Government and the NHS Commissioning Board has been published setting out the ambitions for the health service for the next two years.
The ambitions include:
- preventing people from dying prematurely
- enhancing quality of life for people with long-term conditions
- helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
- ensuring that people have a positive experience of care
- treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm.
Through the Mandate, the NHS will be measured, for the first time, by how well it achieves the things that really matter to people.
Find out more: